When you come to the Netherlands, you should bring the following documents with you:

If you are not feeling well, you need to call in sick by informing the company you work for (your foreman) and our coordination department, before the start of your workday/shift. When you are feeling better and will be going back to work, you also need to inform the company you work for and our coordination department.

Of course, but please keep in mind that once you switch to another health insurance, you can only switch back to the insurance that Eastmen facilitates for you at the start of the next calendar year.

An A1 from needs to be requested from the social insurance company, SVB in Dutch. In order to make it easy for you, Eastmen will request it on your behalf. All you need to do is send your request to [email protected].

Yes, please request it by sending an email to [email protected] and you will receive it in your email.

Please send your request to [email protected] and mention the name of your insurance company that you have back home. Eastmen will take care of the rest and the form will be sent directly to your health insurance company.

This is not something we send to our employees automatically, as this is rarely used or required in the Netherlands. However, if you do need a copy of it, you can send your request to [email protected] and we will ask the insurance company to provide us a copy of it.

No, we do not provide a physical insurance card. Having a BSN is enough in the Netherlands. You do not need to show your insurance card when going to the doctor. However, if you would like to receive a digital card, you can send your request to [email protected] and we will ask the insurance company to provide us with your digital card.

No, according to the contract for phase 1 and 2 a contract can be terminated, from both sides, without a document to confirm it. If requested, Eastmen can provide a Statement of Employment as proof of your worked period at Eastmen. Please request it by sending an email to [email protected].

No, when going on holiday you need to arrange the transport yourself. You can of course ask one of your housemates to bring you to the airport/bus station or use the public transport. Don’t know how the public transport works? Read all about it in our blog.



088 144 4444


© 2024 Eastmen Human Resource B.V

Papendorpseweg 99 building A

3542 AD Utrecht